Equality and Diversity Policy (Equal opportunities for staff and candidates/students)
LSD is committed to meet its regulatory requirement and moral obligation to eliminate discrimination and promote equality irrespective of age, race, gender, disability, religion or political belief, sexual orientation and other irrelevant distinction. To have a good control over these LSD introduced its equality and diversity policy.
Equality is to ensure that every individuals or groups of individuals are treated fairly and equally and no less favourably, specific to any of the above. It promotes equality to remove discrimination in all of the aforementioned areas.
Diversity is to recognise, respect and value differences among people to understand and realise individuals full potential by promoting an inclusive culture for all staff and students.
LSD promotes equality and diversity by:
- treating all staff and candidates fairly in the selection process and after
- ensuring equal access to opportunities so that candidates/students can utilize their full potential in the learning process
- enabling all staff and candidates/students to equip themselves to be free from discrimination
- developing with the skills among the staff and candidates to challenge inequality and discrimination in their respective environment
- ensuring that opportunity for utilizing any/all learning materials are free from discrimination against any individuals or groups
- ensuring that policies, processes and procedures do not discriminate
- creating an inclusive culture for all staff and students
Note that bullying and harassment are also considered as equality and diversity issues at LSD.