Guidelines for Students: Regulations
Student Code of Conducts
The code of Conduct is designed to support progress in the college and was drawn up in consultation with students. When you signed the enrolment form you agreed to accept and abide by these rules.
- Conduct yourself in accordance with the equal opportunity Policy.
- Follow the Health and Safety Rules and fire practice procedures
- Treat all students, staff and visitors with respect
- Inform tutors of absence and provide any required evidence
- Take responsibility for your learning and approach your studies in a manner as to gain maximum benefit and achievement
You must not:
- Gamble on the premises
- Bring into the premises anything which could be used as an offensive weapon
- Damage college property
- Physically or verbally abuse anyone in the premises
- Involve yourself in any criminal activity
- Bring or use any illegal drugs or alcohol on the premises or come into premises under the influence of alcohol or an illegal substance
- Damage the reputation of LSD
- Smoke in the College
Failure to comply with this code may lead to disciplinary action and to your being requested to leave the College.
LSD is required by law to practice emergency evacuation procedures. Rooms displaying a ‘Fire Action’ notice in case of fire. Please read this notices so that you know what to do in the event of an emergency and where the Assembly Point is.
In the event of fire or other emergency, you must:
- Obey directions given by staff to leave the building:
- Proceed quickly to the Assemble Point where the tutor/staff will take the register
- Wait at the assembly Point with your tutor/staff
You must not:
- Stop to collect personal belongings
- Re-enter the building until you are told it is safe to do so
If you are unable to leave the building without assistance, you must:
- Obey instructions given by staff
- Assemble at the nearest ‘Shelter Point’
- Wait for assistance