Staff Continuous Professional Development Policy*
Continuing Professional Development is defined as any learning activity which helps to maintain, develop or increase knowledge, for the purposes of maintaining a high standard of professional practice. LSD aims to develop and implement a continuous professional development in order to:
- enhance institutional performance through high quality staff
- develop management and leadership capability
- enable succession planning
- provide a framework for sustainable practice in career planning
- foster equality and diversity of development opportunities across
for managing self and personal skills, delivering excellent service, finding innovative ideas and solutions, embracing changes, using resources, providing direction, developing self and others, working with people and achieving result.
LSD implement its CDP needs for staffs from (1) on-going opportunities such as personal development plan, keep a learning log or record of development etc. , (2) workplace opportunities such as coaching, development and training programmes, talking to people in different departments etc. and (3)external opportunities such as networking, attending seminars/workshop, represent LSD events etc..
*full policy available on request